No goals this year, nor resolutions. Instead a list of things I'd like to achieve or make sure I do individually as well as a family. I like to set goals, how many I achieve or stick to is unknown but it's nice to write it down and look back on it at the end of the year and to have an aim.
- Book a holiday. Oh wait....I already have! I booked our Summer 2018 holiday before Christmas so I knew we'd have something to look forward to, that doesn't mean I can't research another though, surely!
- Read more. I say this every. single. year. I love reading, I have a Kindle full of books, I go to bed with the best intentions and end up browsing on my phone and then realising 1/2 an hour has gone. I need to put my phone down and escape in a book for a bit more often.
- Have more days out as a family. This is something I think we're pretty good at already but I'd like to do more. Every year I want to fill the kids heads with lasting memories and enrich their childhood through family time together. Alfie is desperate to go back to Legoland again and I'm hoping to take him for his birthday. I'd also like book Disney on Ice tickets this year for them both, I think they'd love it. There is so much more that I want to do for them but these are 2 things I think we can do for sure.
- Go on more walks! I love a country walk, we've done 2 mammoth ones in the last couple of weeks and I hope when we're not too busy at the weekend to do more as it does us all the world of good.
- Not take too much on. At the end of the last year I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with extra shifts I'd taken on, my diabetes course, my blog and everything we had planned in between. It was just too much, I think I was pretty close to burn out, so this year I need to say no to things, set aside time for relaxation and just have time out.
- Print and frame some pictures. As myself and Adi were looking around the house the other day we realised that we have very few pictures of Elarna. We feel so bad so I'm determined to make sure we have lots more pictures of her around the house, I also need to get some nice ones of the 2 of them together in some frames, this is a must for 2018!
- Sort out our paperwork. Such a dull job but it needs to be done, since we had the fire I've literally just dumped all our paperwork in the top draw of our filing cabinet! Prior to the fire I was sooo good at organising it all but I've really let it slip so I must sort it out asap.
- Get a puppy? Ok, ok, so it probably isn't going to be happening this year but if I can convince hubby then maybe next year? Doesn't harm being organised right!
- Towards the back end of the year I will be thinking about booking our 2019 holiday (and yes I am crazy to be already thinking about this), I am thinking either Italy or Florida......maybe.
- Do more baking. I used to bake all of the time before we moved, every weekend I'd make something nice and I can't remember the last time I did. I have a gorgeous pink Kitchenaid and my husband uses it more than I do now, I must bake more.
- Drink less. For some reason I seem to be drinking more than I ever used to. I never used to drink during the week but yet recently I've been having a glass of wine on a Tuesday or a Wednesday night, I guess it's my way of relaxing but I'm going to start going back to only having booze over the weekend unless I'm doing something special during the week (which is like never!).
- Finally.....pay off some debts (urghh), it's got to be done. I'm far too frivolous with money and really need to start saving more and be a bit more responsible and adult a bit more!
I'm sure over the coming months there will be lots to add to this list but this is a pretty good start! Have you guys got anything on your 2018 bucket list?