So much has changed over the last few years when flying. Admittedly we haven't flown for quite a few years as we tend to ferry and drive with the kids but the day will come when we do head back on a plane and will need to be aware of what we can and can't take on flights these days. Recently I've been looking into jet card programs, as nowadays, there are some great deals! The world of flying has changed and there are now more options than ever when it comes to what kind of air transport you want to take. For example, are you aware of what is allowed? How can you make air travel less stressful? In this post I will chat about just this.
- One of the first things I like to do when flying is check in online, it makes things so much less stressy when you can do this and saves such a lot of time.
- I would also suggest checking with your airline what size and weight of luggage you can check in both as hand luggage and in the hold, some airlines now allow a decent sized bag in the hold and I know some of my friends when travelling short haul for a few days will pack and fit it into hand luggage.
- Check with the airport you are flying from there are often services that can help you with your baggage and offer services such as baggage wrapping to protect your luggage while on flights, for further information on their services check out https://www.excess-baggage.com/ lots of useful services available.
- Do your research before you travel, we all know that certain sizes of liquid are to be taken on board in clear bottles of no more than 100ml, it's much easier if these are prepared prior to going through airport security.
- When flying with children make sure the tablets are charged, you've packed lots of things to keep them entertained such as magazines, books, colouring and some small toys that aren't too noisy! Take something that comforts them aswell such as teddies or dummies if being used.
- Keep all your travel documents safe, there is nothing worse thinking you may have lost one so keep them close and in a document wallet so they can be easily found.
Of course there are lots of other things you can do to keep everything organised and travel with ease, have a little read of the below infographic for more information and please do share your tips with me!
* Collaborative content