We've been trying to choose some blinds for our house, who knew it would take so long and be such a difficult choice. The possibilities are endless. Particularly, we've been after some decent blackout blinds for the kids rooms as not the evenings are lighter convincing them that actually it is evening can be a bit tricky. As we've been scouring shops and the internet for the perfect blinds I thought I would share some tips with you to keep in mind when looking for blinds.
- Decide what type of blind you would like. Are you after blackout, venetian, roman, roller or something else? Familiarise yourself with what's available and what look you are hoping to achieve. Are you wanting to make the room darker, warmer or brighter? Make a list of what you'd like the blind to bring to the room and refer to it when blind shopping.
- Choose a reputable supplier, a company like VELUX would be a good start. Reliable and professional with plenty of choice and advice to ensure you are getting the best for your money. They are also very helpful and able to answer any queries you many have.
- Measure up correctly, this is so important.....after all it would be a disaster if you order the wrong size!
- Get the professionals in. If you're really not sure it would be a good idea to get the company in to measure up and fit the blinds, that way you can be certain of the correct sizing and fitting of the items.
- Think about your budget and have a clear idea of how much you want to spend this way you know the products that are available to you. It is always tempting if you find something you like to go over budget but if possible try and stick within your costings.
Blinds can make such a difference to your home. They can really bring a room to life while maintaining your privacy. Have fun searching for your favourite blinds.
* Collaborative Post.