It is so vitally important to look after your back, after all you only get one of them and once damaged it's hard to fix. There are a variety of things you can do to help keep your back safe, especially in the workplace. Having been a long time sufferer of sciatica, which at the moment is thankfully under control I can honestly say being careful and aware to prevent injuring your back is a high priority.
So what can you do to look after your back I hear you ask......
- Use a decent and properly designed chair such as these from cheap office chairs
- Keep your manual handling training up to date!
- Risk assess what you are about to lift of move
- Ask for help when needed, if you think something might hurt your back get someone to assist!
- If you do hurt your back it's important to keep mobile and take regular pain relief
- Take regular breaks from sitting and screen time
- If you do injure your back don't make it worse by trying to do more than you can
- Be realistic and look after your back!!
For some more advice and some interesting information check out this cool infographic below......
* Collaborative Post.