It's been a while since I've blogged any foodie related posts so today my latest post is all about baking up a storm with a toddler and the company Cake Angels. I always enjoy baking and rustling up some sweet treats so when I was asked if I'd like to bake some cakes of some description and review some decorations I didn't have to think twice before agreeing. In our Cake Angels goodie bag we were sent some great items to use to decorate our cupcakes.
6oz Self Raising Flour
2 Medium Eggs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C or Gas Mark 4 and place some cupcake cases onto a baking tray.
2. Cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time adding a little flour with each.
4. Sift in the remaining flour and gently fold it in to the mixture,
5. Fill the cupcake cases and bake until golden and risen and springy to the touch.
6. Place on a wire rack to cool and once cooled decorate as you feel fit!
|It's obviously important to taste as you bake!|
We were sent lots of goodies to decorate our cakes including some ready prepared vanilla icing, a set of candles, mini marshmallows, edible cake toppers and a chocolate shaker kit, we had everything we needed to make our cupcakes look great and taste delicious.
I normally make my own butter icing so I was a little dubious at first using pre-made but it tasted really nice, quite sweet but spread thinly and was perfect to top the cakes, it also went on the cakes nicely once at room temperature, I decided against piping it as I wasn't sure how well it would pipe but after using it I think it would pipe quite well. The decorations were fun and well made and added the perfect finishing touch to our cupcakes. Alfie's favourite was definitely the mini marshmallows, trying to stop him eating them off the cakes proved to be somewhat of a challenge!!
Overall we had a great time using the Cake Angels decorations (available at many leading retailers) and I will keep an eye out in the future when I'm shopping for more fun and colourful cake toppings.
* Please note I was kindly sent the decorations free of charge in exchange for an honest review, all the thoughts and opinions are that of my own.