GlossyBox time again!! I was looking forward to coming back from holiday to see what GlossyBox had in store for me this month. Not so happy that when I got back the box had been left behind a hedge in the rain.....thanks Hermes you fools, luckily my neighbours saw it and took it in for me and the actual box and products were ok.
This month sees another themed box and it's 'The London Edition'. Brilliant, I love being patriotic so was hoping the items inside lived up to expectation!
Firstly, how lush is the box?! I love it :-)
So what was I sent this month?
1. Eylure Pre-glued Lashes (RRP £5.06 for one set received in GlossyBox) I was quite pleased to receive these. I've had a love/hate relationship with false eyelashes, the hate part is generally the faffy application and sticking them on wonky! Pre - glued sounds a fab, stress free way of applying them but will they stay stuck is the question?! I'll keep these to use when I'm next out for the evening (whenever that will be!).
2. Dr.Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (£11.50 for full size 15ml, received in GlossyBox 3ml) So this another cult beauty product and staple which can be used as a lip gloss or SOS balm for dry skin and obviously as a nipple balm if you happen to be breast feeding. As I've previously mentioned I used Lansinoh when I was breast feeding which is a similar product to this, I found it an absolute god send when I was breast feeding. The Dr Lipp version seems to be alot thicker in consistency though, it's a nice item to be sent but a tiny tube. I love the slick packaging though!
3. Elizabeth Arden 'Untold' Perfume Sample (£69.00 for 100ml, £48.00 for 50ml, received in GlossyBox 5ml) Another perfume sample!! That being said I much prefer to receive a miniature bottle of fragrance to a silly vial and it's a gorgeous bottle. Not my cup of tea when it comes to the scent but I'll pop it in my handbag and I'll use it when out and about. I love the little box it came in with the quote inside, so very true :-). A nice little item to be included.
4. Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Onyx Eyeliner ($14.00 for 3g full size received in GlossyBox) Now I'm confused by this? I thought that this box was supposed to be the London edition and the best of British? This product isn't British at all, even when I went to the Be a Bombshell website it clearly shows in the contact section they are most definitely not a British company SO as much as I love the item (which I do because it's a really nice liquid eyeliner) I can't help feeling a little let down by GlossyBox sending something out that clearly doesn't fit the theme, it's almost false advertising! Plus I received an eyeliner last month, so overall quite disappointing :-(
5. Toni & Guy HairMeetWardrobe Classic Shine & Gloss Serum (£7.19 for 30ml full size received in GlossyBox) I love a good serum so was pleased to get this, with my hair now back to blonde I need decent products to help keep it in good condition, it can also be quite hard to get a good shine with highlighted hair so I look forward to testing it out. Love the limited edition packaging too.
Overall, I would say this is a mediocre box, it could have been so much more! I feel very let down about the non British eyeliner received, with all the great British companies something more appropriate could have been included. On a positive note I'm so pleased to see they've replaced the paper leaflet with a much more professional information card and I liked the extra little magazine that was also included.
What did everyone make of this months selection? Did anyone receive anything different?
Please note: GlossyBox is a monthly beauty subscription costing £10.00 & £2.95 p&p. You can subscribe by clicking the on the link: GlossyBox The views and opinions are my own.