As soon as I'd heard the theme for this months GlossyBox I was pretty excited. I envisaged beach hair, bronzed skin and summer colours. I haven't really been left disappointed.
Firstly, I LOVE the box! It's so cute and a nice change from the usual pink.
|Seeing as it's beach themed what better way to display than in some sandy, sunny pictures|
I admit that I did see some spoilers so I had an idea of what I might be receiving. First impressions are great! My predictions were pretty spot on too (even before seeing the spoilers). The usual paper information leaflet was included, although this month it looked a bit better with the seaside splash theme.
So, what did I get?
|It's really hard taking pictures without shadows on sunny days!|
1. Coola Organic Mineral SPF 20 Tinted Sunscreen (£29.99 for 50ml full size, received in GlossyBox 7ml) I've not heard of this brand before, it's sort of a multi-tasker, it promises anti ageing benefits, to reduce inflammation and balance moisture while providing complete UVA/UVB protection. It's also lightly tinted. I think it's a nice product, I'll use it during the summer months but I honestly don't think I would ever purchase a full size one purely on the basis it's £29.99!!!
2. Nip & Fab Anti Blemish Gel/Spot Fix (£9.95 for 15ml full size received) Ohhh I like Nip & Fab products, this contains Salicylic Acid (used in spot treatments to clear spots and blemishes) it aims to help retain a blemish free complexion and gets rid of spots quickly should they appear. I am prone to the odd break out here and there so will definitely find this handy, although I did find the smell of it quite chemically.
|Sunscreen & Spot Fix|
3. Ciate Paint Pot in Island Hopping (£9.00 for 13.5ml full size received) Yes I know it's another nail varnish BUT it's full size and it's Ciate!!! I love these paint pots, I really do think they are the prettiest polishes around. I don't think I've got a shade quite like this, it's called 'Island Hopping', it's a glittery red shade with hints of gold. It.is.gorgeous. My favourite item out of the box! We do seem to have been sent quite a few nail polishes recently but I really don't mind as long as they are great brands and nice shades.
|Ciate 'Island Hopping'|
4. Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist (£23.00 for full size 125ml, received in GlossyBox 25ml) I don't know why but whenever I think of the beach and/or seaside I imagine having this tousled, just got out of bed hair. I don't think this mist will ever help me achieve that look if I'm honest as my hair is a bit of a nightmare to control at times and I suspect it will make it frizzy. I will give it a go but I suspect my best friend will be getting this for her hair!
|Tousled Texture Mist|
5. Anatomicals Facial Spritz (£6.00 for 100ml full size received) I've read a lot of other beauty blogs not loving the Anatomicals range but I don't mind it. I like the packaging, I think it's young and fresh and the I like the quirky names for the products. Although I perhaps wouldn't go out of my way to purchase the products (I prefer other brands) I think it's a nice range. This facial spritz is nice, handy to pop into a beach bag and have around on hot and muggy days. It smells nice, it reminds me of Imperial Leather soap though which reminds me of my Grandad so not necessarily a bad thing but an old scent...if you get what I mean? A very fitting product to be included in the seaside splash theme however.
Note: GlossyBox is a monthly beauty subscription and costs £12.95 inc. p&p. Please click the link for more information! GlossyBox