I can't believe I'm writing the May GlossyBox review, time is flying! As always was looking forward to receiving my box, it's like Christmas opening the box and seeing what has been sent!
As it's the 2nd birthday of GlossyBox the box was to reflect a celebration of this! I'm loving the cute cupcake and makeup themed tissue paper and neon pink ribbon that the items are packaged in, so cute!
Instead of the usual black shredded paper we have bright orange instead which is great! First impressions of the items received were really good!
GlossyBox contents (L-R):
1. Premae Harmony Balm (£26.50 for full size 30ml, received 10ml) This is a moisturising creme balm which can be used as a skin protector and a primer, It seems a nice item, no particular scent to it but it's nice on application. UPDATE: I used this the last couple of mornings and it does have quite a nice citrus scent, it's really quite thick to apply but makes my skin feel very moisturised afterwards, I would say a little goes a long way.
2. Caudalie Divine Oil (£4.05 for 15ml full size received) This claims to be the ultimate elixir for your hair, body and face. It's light and hydrating and contains a blend of grape, hibiscus, argan and sesame oils. I really like this, I used it on my hair this morning and it made it feel lovely and soft. I'll definitely make use of it!
3. Givency Noir Couture Mascara (£22.50 for full size 8g, received a tester size) I'm always a little bit let down when we get sent a tester size, a little bit bigger would be much more appreciated! This mascara claims to be a 4 in 1 and is supposed to create volume, lengthen, curl and nourish your lashes. Overall it seems an OK item. UPDATE: I've used this now a couple of times, it gives a lovely coverage but the brush does make applying the mascara quite difficult and at times quite clumpy. I've used better.
4. GlossyBox Mini Nail Files Great added extra, very useful I shall be popping these in my hand bag for sure! I love the way the outside packaging matches the tissue paper in the box and the nail files are neon pink to match the ribbon!
5. Nails Inc Polish - Portabello (£11.00 for full size 10ml, received 5ml in GlossyBox) Lush!! Love it, a fantastic, glossy neon coral shade, a perfect addition to my collection......my only issue is it's not full size but I will definitely be purchasing this once I've run out! More like this please GlossyBox! UPDATE: You can see the color below in the picture, it doesn't do it justice, it's an amazing sharp, zingy neon colour. Two coats are a must when using, it has quite a matt appearance when applied I think this is due to the neon effect, I love it.
6. Beautiful Movements Cosmetics Prime and Create Mixing Medium (£20.00 for full size 20g, received 2.5g) This is a band new product apparently and is from Kimberly Wyatt 's (former Pussy Cat Doll) range of beauty must haves. You can use it as a primer or mix with eye shadows blusher etc to give various effects. I've never used anything like it before so I'm looking forward to experimenting. UPDATE: I've experimented with this a couple of times now, I've tested it underneath foundation as a primer and it's pretty good, gives a nice matt coverage, I'm yet to try mixing it with any mineral makeup yet, I'm still intrigued by this product though.
Overall a very good box with a great mix of products that I look forward to trying. The only things that lets this months box down is the mascara but I'll use it regardless so it won't go to waste. Even better I used my GlossyDots to redeem this box so I basically got it for free!Awesome.
Any opinions on this months box? Anyone get any different items?