Brrrr the weather is turning a bit chilly isn't it! We're not quite at the really frosty/icy stage yet but there is definitely a bit more of a chilliness in the air. It's slowly turning into staying in weather, sitting by the fire weather, toasting marshmallows weather and drinking hot chocolate weather......yummy!!! With the festive season fast approaching it got me thinking about Winter retreats. Imagine if you could just get away from it all and enjoy somewhere remote, cosy and away from it all.
I do often wonder what it would be like to head away somewhere over Christmas and be away from the normality of day to day life. imagine sitting by a roaring log fire with a good book in hand, a glass of wine not far away......while the children sleep soundly (well it is my dream so in it they would sleep through!).
So winter is coming (not quite on the scale of Game of Thronesesque winter but still!) so I've decided to compile a list of winter retreats to whet your appetite.
- My dream retreat would be a chateau in the South of France, something luxurious with a hot tub.....oh a hot tub is a must. Plenty of space for the kids to run around, rural but with places to explore, but most of all scenic and tranquil
- How about a log cabin? Nothing is more traditional and Wintery than a proper log cabin preferably tucked away in the hill somewhere with a fully stocked fridge!
- There is always the option of a chalet. Head to the Swiss or French Alps and you are sure to find the perfect festive chalet to relax and unwind in day to day
- If you want something totally unique what about an igloo? Perhaps not as luxurious as some of the other but it would certainly be an experience you wouldn't forget
- How about a bit of glamping in a yurt? Bet it would be a bit chilly in the Winter months but hey it's all an adventure right!
These are just a handful of ideas but there are tons of other options you could add to these Winter retreats. Perhaps all you really want to do is curl up in bed, under a snuggly duvet such as these from Julian Charles and sleep your way through Christmas!
What would be your ideal Winter retreat? I would love to know!
* Collaborative content