Tool kits......not just for boys eh! I say that tongue in cheek really as all this gender malarkey that's going on at the moment is a bit tiresome isn't it. These days I tend to just let my children gravitate towards what they want to play and am not really bothered about whether it's targeted at boys or girls. A prime example of this is Elarna absolutely loving this little Mickey Mouse Pit Crew tool kit. As soon as it arrived she has not been able to put it down, quite the little DIY Queen in the making, perhaps! Or perhaps she's a car mechanic in training ready to fix and mend any broken down vehicle's that have maybe been in a road traffic accident.
This fab little tool kit has zero need for anything to be put together or made, it's ready to go as soon as you've removed the protective wrapping. It comes with 23 tools including a mallet (hellooooooo noisy banging) and 2 wrenches, it even comes with a working peg board also for added interaction. It's also designed to look just like the ones that Mickey uses on the hit TV show 'Mickey and the Roadster Racers'.
Aimed at age 3 and above I would say this is an accurate age range. Elarna is 2 1/2 and although absolutely loves it she did need a hand with the peg board, she was however excellent at using the hammer and having a go with the screwdriver. She's been carrying it for room to room lately seeing what work she can carry out!
What do we love?
- There are so many bits included in the kit! There is a mallet, flat head screwdriver, 2 wrenches, play metal plates, screws, nuts and nails
- Light enough to be carried by little hands. It's also a decent size to add any extra tools too if so required
- The attention to detail.....check out the little Mickey Mouse screws below, utterly adorable and I love these little touches
- The price, a very reasonable retail price of £14.99, this won't break the bank and would be a great present for any Mickey Mouse fan
What are we not so keen on?
- Mostly we love it and there isn't much we aren't keen on other than it is a little flimsy and I can see that something might break easily......especially if Elarna keeps banging as vigorously that she has been!
- The packaging it came in I found ridiculously hard to remove......no idea why, there was probably an easy way to remove it but I failed to find it!
As you can see Elarna has been very much enjoying playing with it. I actually really love that she's chosen to keep playing with it, when I was younger from what I can remember I used to play with your classic 'girly' toys and as such, now at 33 years old don't really have the first clue about DIY so I'm quite keen for Elarna to be a bit more savvy so I'm encouraging her to embrace the concept of DIY at this early age.....start her young!
What do you guys think of the Mickey Mouse Road Racer's Pit Crew Tool Kit? Pretty cool?
* Please note we were kindly sent the tool kit free of charge in exchange for an honest review, all thoughts and opinions are our own.