My hair and skin take a battering in the Winter months. My skin becomes drier and duller and my hair looses its shine, it can be a struggle to keep that glowy look going!
Here are some tips to keep your skin looking in tip top condition in collaboration with Neal's Yards Remedies (who incidentally have a fabulous range of Christmas gifts to help beat the Winter blues).
- My 1st tip is to take your makeup off at night. I do this religiously and I cannot tell you just how important this is. Leaving makeup on overnight is a big no, no from me.
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! I tend to use a thicker moisturiser at night and a lighter one for during the day. My skin seems to suck up the moisturiser during the colder months so cover myself in it at night!
- Look after your hands, it's not just the skin on your face you should be looking after but your hands and body. I love a scented hand cream and use so much on a daily basis. It does make a difference to the condition on my hands.
- Spend some time putting a mask on your face. I use a face mask weekly which really helps draw the impurities out and leave my skin feeling refreshed.
- Exfoliate!! This should only be done weekly but it will make a huge difference to your skin during the colder months, by using the right exfoliator it will get rid of all the nasty, dead skin cells and hopefully give you the glowy look.
I find the best thing to do with skincare is making it part of my daily routine. I try and look after my skin on my face, I hate the thought of ageing and really try and take care of it, after all it's the only skin I'm going to have!
Has anyone else got any skincare tips for during these chilly days?
* Collaborative post.