Here is a lovely little recipe that is easy to make and yummy to eat using some beautiful Jubilee Strawberries. These particular strawberries are an English variety and are much sweeter and more flavoursome than other varieties. They are very juicy and and have a beautiful fresh aroma. I love cooking with strawberries and I think they are such a lovely fruit to look at (without meaning to sound complete bizarre!).
Recipe - Serves 6
500g strawberries washed & hulled
150g digestive biscuits
40g melted butter
50g icing sugar
1 1/2 tsp. rosewater
600ml double cream
1 large egg white
1. Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin to fine crumbs and combine with melted butter. Divide between 6 glasses or ramekins and place in fridge to set.
2. Place the egg white and icing sugar into a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk for 5 minutes or until the mixture reaches medium peaks. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Place the strawberries into a large pan with the rose water and 3 tablespoons of water. Over a medium heat cook the strawberries until they begin to soften. Remove from the heat and mash the strawberries using a fork or similar. Sieve to remove the seeds and set aside to cool completely (it smells amazing at this point!).
4. In a separate bowl whip the cream until smooth and thickened. Gently fold the cream into the egg white and add the cooled strawberry puree and continue with gentle folding actions (it resembles a pink fluffy marshmallow at this point!).
5. Spoon into the 6 bowl or ramekins and chill for at least 2 hours or until set. Decorate with some strawberries or other fruit (I used blueberries).
6. Finally enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, strawberries are such a refreshing fruit and make delicious puds.
If you'd like to find out more about Jubilee Strawberries you can click the link for more information. You can also find them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter: @Jubilee_Strawbs. You can also purchase Jubilee Strawberries from all leading supermarkets.
* Please note that this is a sponsored post.