Resolutions ............... anyone make them? I have to admit I tend not to anymore, I can never stick to them and I hate feeling like a failure. However this year I might set myself some goals, things to aim for rather than things to give up or stop doing, I want to try ensure I have a positive outlook on life. After 2016 being quite a pants year I want 2017 to be a more vibrant and happy year. Of course you never know what's round the corner but I want to take on 2017 with some optimism.
The start of a new year does signify for a lot of people a good opportunity to try and give up something they've been meaning to so perhaps you're giving it some thought and thinking about stopping smoking and starting to use a disposable electronic cigarette or cutting back on the booze or simply to lose some weight, 2017 could be the year to aim for this.
As I said above my resolutions, or aims if you like for 2017 are more centred around positivity and making the most of the year. So what are my aims in the coming year.......
- I want to make sure that I see my friends regularly, we see a lot more of our friends now than we used to but for our friends that are not living so close I want to make sure we meet up regularly throughout the year.
- More family days out. I love having time as just the 4 of us, I think it's vitally important for the children that they have lots of experiences and are able to create lots of memories. I am planning zoo trips, Lego Land again and hopefully if Alfie has his way another trip to Yorkshire and Flamingo Land!
- Restart my gratitude journal. At the beginning of 2016 I started to write a gratitude journal with 3 good things that had happened that day as well as a short reflection, I can't tell you how refreshing it was to look back through the day for the positives.
|Image courtesy of Pinterest
- Ok, ok so I know I wasn't going to be clichéd but I do want to lose a few lb's before our summer holiday. The weight is slowly creeping back on and I don't like it so I'm going to try and be a lot more health conscious in 2017.
- Be 'crafty Mum'. I'm not going to be too worried if I don't achieve this fully but recently I've observed how much both Alfie and Elarna are enjoying to paint and do lots of colouring so I want to be able to let them do that at home without having a meltdown over mess!
- I'm going to do my blogging goals in a separate post as there are a few things that I would like to focus on with regards to that.
- I want to do some extra study within my career, I was going to do my masters but I don't think I am going to this year, I'm not quite ready to commit just yet, however I would like to do my prescribing so that's perhaps an option.
- Start to decorate a couple of rooms in the house. As far as decorating goes we do have a lot to do. My first priorities are our bedroom and the spare room. It'll be really nice to get them done and that's a big tick of my list. I already have colour schemes in mind it's just finding the time to actually do it!
- Try not to stress and worry about silly little things, it's crazy to focus on such minor things and I don't want to spend 2017 stressed.
- To save a bit of money. I'm terrible at saving and really would like to make a conscious effort to put some money aside. I started to fill my money pot up a little while ago, only silver coins and pounds are allowed in it and I've already got a fair bit so I want to focus on filling the pot to the top!
- I used to walk a lot but now I don't seem to as much as I used to so I'm definitely going to be aiming to get out on my days off even if just for half an hour. Housework sometimes takes over and it really shouldn't, fresh air does wonders for the soul.
I'm sure that there will be other things that crop up throughout the year that I can add to this list and I'm certain that I'll look back on this in a years time and not have done all what I would like to but I like to have something to work towards and it's nice to have some goals throughout the year to work towards.
Have you thought of any aims and goals for the 2017? Do share!
* Collaborative content.