So after the let down of last months GlossyBox I have to admit I had my doubts about what this months box what have in store. With it coming up to Christmas I'm really hoping GlossyBox pick up their standards. Never the less when the latest box arrived the other day I'm pleased to say I wasn't overly disappointed with the contents!
First impressions were very good, nicely packaged items and a good variety. I was really pleased to see that they're still including the nice information card and glossy magazine as an extra touch, the magazine this month was packed full of great information and I discovered the amazing website Covetique because of this!
What did I get?:
1. Vichy Idelia Life Serum ( RRP £29.50 for full size 30ml, received in GlossyBox 2 x 3ml samples & 1x 3ml smoothing & illuminating cream). Never heard of the brand before but love the packaging that they arrived in with the little bag. Designed to help transform the appearance of the skin and help protect it from the visible effects of pollution, smoke, stress and an unbalanced diet (really?!). Lovely to have 3 little samples and I've tried them all out and they are all great. Fab item to be included.
2. Yves Rocher France Hand Cream in Cocoa & Pistachio Scent (£1.95 for 75ml full size received in GlossyBox) This item was actually a perfect item to include in the box at the moment. As I'm working in the community I am constantly using alcohol gel and it does nothing for your hands. I'm going through hand cream like chocolate at the moment so this was a welcome item. It smells lush too, I love cocoa butter and it smells just like that, it's lovely and moisturising too and the packaging is gorgeous.
3. GOSH Cosmetics Velvet Touch Lipstick in 148 Sundown shade (RRP £6.49 for 4g full size received in GlossyBox). I love GOSH cosmetics so was pretty pleased to receive this although I don't often wear lipsticks as I'm more of a lip gloss girl. On initial impression of the shade I was literally like oh my god that is horrible, it's bright orange! When I tried it however it is quite sheer and more like a gloss and not at all as I was expecting, it adds more of a light slick of colour when worn. Random really when the info leaflet says it's going to give an intense and high concentration of colour! Fabulous packaging aswell!!!
4. Elegant Touch Nail Polish Remover Pads (£2.00 for 20 pads, full size received in GlossyBox received). As much as I love nail polish remover pads, because lets face it they are a beauty essential I find them a bit random to be included in this months box. They don't seem to have a place in the glossy wish list, never the less they will accompany me to NYC and will be used!
5. Emite Makeup Micronozed Eyeshadow in Nect shade (£16.80 for 1.48g full size received in GlossyBox) I'd never heard of this brand until recently thanks to GlossyBox but I'd say I'm quite a fan, this is a gorgeous eyeshadow in a pearly, pale shimmer colour. A perfect addition to my makeup bag although I'm not sure if I'd ever pay nearly £17.00 for one eyeshadow!! I like the face that Emite make their shadows free from oil,nickel and parabens and perfume to avoid any irritation to the eyes.
So to summarise this months box, I think a much better thought out selection of products and GlossyBox have nearly redeemed themself once again, I will now be looking forward to the December box and will be keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a great box and GlossyBox won't screw us over with a load of rubbish!!!
I've noticed on a few other blog posts there were a few different versions of this months box so what did everyone get in theirs this month and what did you think?