The box itself could not be more 'me' even if it tried, a mixture of baby pinks and hot pinks, completely girly.
On my first impression I was really pleased, the contents of this box are much more appropriate for me than last months (see January review for more information).
Glossy Box Contents:
1. Figs & Rouge Rambling Rose Lip Balm (£3.49 for full size 8ml) Lovely! Yes it's another lip balm but anyone who reads my blog will know my love for lip balm, so I was more than happy to add another to the collection! It smells gorgeous, very floral but that's OK, lovely and smooth to apply and does make my lips feel soft.
2. Miners Cosmetics Lip Colour (£3.99 for full size 5g) I haven't seen or heard about Miners for years so I was quite surprised to receive this and see that the company still exists. I received the shade Cinnamon which on first impression I thought would be too browny for me but it isn't too bad, quite shimmery but reasonably wearable.
3. MeMeMe Beat the Blues in Pearly Pink (£5.50 for full size 12ml) This was probably the more disappointing item for me, I adore Benefit and this is basically the cheaper, high street equivalent of High Beam which is a fantastic highlighter. Although the packaging and colour of the product are similar, in this instance I do think you get what you pay for, the coverage isn't great and the brush is quite brittle making it tricky to apply. I will use this though as it will be perfect for day to day wear but I don't think it gives the same highlighting effect as High Beam.
4. Micabella Mineral Eye Shadow (£14.95 for full size 2.5g, received in GlossyBox 1g) I received the shade 'Deep Secrets' which is quite a deep bronze shade, I don't really have many eye shadows of this shade so I can definitely work this into my existing collection. With it being a mineral powder it is very pigmented so I will use it sparingly. Lovely product however.
5. Rituals Magic Touch Cherry Blossom & Rice Milk Whipped Body Cream (£15 for 200ml, £5.00 for 70ml,received 70ml) This I was very pleased with,I love Rituals products and this is one of their best sellers. It smells divine and has a lovely smooth, mousse like texture on application, I tried it on my hands and they felt moisturised and soft for a good couple of hours after. Surprisingly this is probably my favourite item out of this months Glossy Box.
The freebie this month was a cute heart shaped Glossy Box lollipop, very fitting for the Valentines theme just a shame mine was broken!
All in all I was really pleased with the selection in this months box and also the size of the products. I still think that the paper information leaflet that comes included really lets the box down, maybe Glossy Box can redesign this or bring back the card inserts that were previously included.
I wonder what next months will contain!
Anyone get anything different in theirs?
Lots of Love