Some of my most memorable holidays are those spent in Europe and short haul destinations. As a child I have some wonderful memories of holidays spent exploring Europe with my parents, I've been very fortunate to have visited some amazing places and it did give a thirst for wanting to see lots more of the world as I grew up. The joy of short haul trips are being able to get to places that are reachable within a few hours so you can then be chilling out by a pool or beach, wine in hand and not a care in the world.
As many of you may know who read my blog regularly we regularly frequent France, generally we head down to the South but also have very much enjoyed times in Northern France. There are so many places to visit on a short haul basis if France isn't something you're keen on so I thought I'd compile a little list of places you might want to add to your bucket list in association with https://www.holidaygems.co.uk/ who are specialists in shot haul destinations.
- First up, what about the rather beautiful Majorca. We used to visit here in our teen years to Magaluf so if it's partying you're after this could be the place to go to, but if you want to take in the stunning coastline and glorious beaches without the crazy party atmosphere there are quieter areas to visit and so many lovely towns to visit.
- How about Corfu? We visited many, many years ago and have lovely memories, it was a beautiful place to visit. If it's heat you like this could be the place for you with 3,000 hours worth of sunshine a year this would definitely put a spring in your step and have you returning with a sun kissed glow.
- The Costa del Sol is another lovely destination to visit. Beautifully sunny with glorious beaches this is a perfect location for all. There is some lovely areas to visit and plenty of history to soak up and if you've never visited before get yourself booked as it's a great destination.
- How about the volcanic island of Lanzarote? This popular island boasts warmer weather all year around, inviting turquoise waters and white washed villages to tempt you in. Sounds amazing doesn't it!
- How about the up and coming Malta? I'm hearing more and more about this being a holiday destination and with some glorious beaches as well as rolling hills with a historic background Malta has alot of potential as a holiday destination.
I hope some of these destinations have given you some short haul holiday inspiration. I am counting down until our Summer holiday but researching all these lovely destinations has made me want to take a few trips to other destinations!
* Collaborative content.