I am a hot person. I don't mean phwoarrrr what a hottie....but in the sense that I get hot quickly, I prefer to be a bit on the cooler side and hate being in hot, stuffy places and even worse I cannot stand being too hot at night. Even through the Winter I'm known to have the fan blowing on me as I get too warm.....it drives my husband mad. However, there may be a solution if you suffer with being too hot, like me!
Cucumber clothing is the newbie on the block when it comes to nightwear. This isn't just any nightwear though. This is intelligent nightwear, imagine that!
So how does it work?
Well, Cucumber uses a patented wicking fabric that moves moisture up and away from you super quickly keeping you both dry and cool. The built in anti microbial nano-technology ensures odour control and a comfortable nights sleep.
The nightwear itself is so silky and soft, it was a dream to wear in bed. In no way did they cling to me and I can honestly say I had a thoroughly restful and cool nights sleep. I woke up feeling refreshed and felt so comfortable while wearing the cami and shorts combo.
What did I love?
- The concept. It's truly brilliant and I haven't found anything that promises a cool night sleep like Cucumber do. I only wish that they were around when I was pregnant as both my pregnancies the weather was warm and I was like a toasty marshmallow at night, these would have helped me hugely!
- There is style to suit everyone. From nightdresses, cami and shorts, to cropped pj's there is a wide range to choose from. I decided the cami and shorts set was a good option for me as these are what I feel most comfortable in. There is also a nice selection of muted colours to choose from, they really are quite luxurious.
- They are flattering. This lovely capsule collection is cleverly designed to suit your shape. I have to admit when I saw the items I felt they looked quite baggy but once on they look great and actually are very, very flattering. I wouldn't feel out of place wandering around the garden in them when the weather is warmer to be honest!
- That they will help women. Not just women like me who get hot at night but women going through the menopause, women having chemo or other medications that can make you feel hot, pregnant ladies, women in hospital (because let's face it hospitals are so warm) or simply because you want a flattering and comfortable nightwear set.
- That Cucumber is born and bred in the UK!! The items are also made in the UK too, plus I love supporting smaller businesses so this is right up my street.
What was I not keen on?
- I have to mention the price. These are not cheap in the slightest BUT you're not paying for simple nightwear. This is premium and luxury right here with the scientific twist. The cami itself costs £79.00 and the shorts £65.00 so at first look it can be a little bit eek BUT in my opinion it is money well spent (and according to my husband no more fan at night!!). This is my only negative, I have nothing more than good things to say about Cucumber.
So, if you're a hot sleeper like me or simply are looking for some beautiful, flattering nightwear I strongly suggest you go and have a look at Cucumber for some inspiration AND if you're wanting an idea for your Christmas list then this could be it!
What do you guys think?
* Please note I was kindly sent the set free of charge in exchange for an honest review, all thoughts and opinions are my own.