Brrrrr it's been flipping cold lately hasn't it! Although we've barely seen a whisper of snow we've certainly seen some hard frosts and very chilly days. I'm always on the look out for weather appropriate coats that are warm, waterproof, comfortable as well as looking nice on. We seem to have hundreds of coats and yet only a handful are worn. Alfie is also a bit stubborn and is sometimes very picky about what he wears and it can be sometimes a battle to get him to wear some of the coats he has. When I was asked if I would like to review a couple of coats from Target Dry for the kids I could hardly say no when coats seem to be one of our favourite collecting items!
When I was browsing which coats to choose it was a no brainer. The shark pattern I knew that Alfie would love and the pink bird print was so pretty for Elarna.
When they arrived I absolutely loved them. On initial impressions there was nothing to dislike. The colours on both were bright and striking, the quality of the coats were amazing, they feel so soft to touch and when I tried them on the kids the fit was great.
So what's to like about them?
- They are waterproof which is a huge priority when we're out and about.
- They are made of breathable fabric so adaptable to the ever changing UK weather.
- They are windproof to keep that chilly air out.
- Soft fleece lining, they are so soft and snuggly inside it's no wonder they're warm, they also have an insulated padding to make sure that they are really cosy.
- They come with an integral, insulated hood which fits snugly around the head when put up.
- They both have contrasting zips and 2 zipped pockets which are very handy for tissues, dummies etc.
- They are also machine washable........a huge bonus and they was brilliantly as I've already had to test it out.
I like that they are slightly longer at the back meaning they don't ride up, I also love that the wrist cuffs are elasticated to keep the chill from getting up the sleeves because that really is an annoying part of wearing a coat that has gappy sleeves........cold arms!
There is nothing I dislike about these coats. They are fantastic and both look great on, there is plenty of growing room in them and I'm fairly sure that these will see us through Spring because they could easily be worn over a t shirt for added warmth, I expect we'll be making alot of use for them in April with all those showers that we usually get.
Both are on sale for £23.95 (down from £29.95) at the moment and I think this truly is an excellent price for them. I write honest reviews and if there's something I'm not keen on, or I don't like I will write it but in this instance I can honestly say that there is nothing to dislike or even be remotely negative about.
So as I mentioned above, Alfie can be very funny about articles of clothing he wears, he is a creature of habit and doesn't take well to change. The fact that he willingly wears this coat is a huge milestone and clearly means he favours it so another tick for his shark coat as it's now known.
If you're looking for a new coat for the kids or even for an adult please do head over to Target Dry for a nose, not only do they have an ace range for the children but there are lots in the adult ranges too that are worth checking out.
What do you think of the Target Dry range?
* Please not I was very kindly sent the coats free of charge in exchange for an honest and unbiased review, all thoughts and opinions are that of my own.