OK, so I don't think I actually suck at parenting but I there a few things I could maybe improve on..........
1. I drop the f-bomb (and sometimes the s-bomb and b-bomb) at least twice on a daily basis, mostly quietly and under my breath but sometimes little ears do hear, eek! My language has always been choice to say the least and I do try and curb the profanities but sometimes the odd f-bomb does slip out.
2. I sometimes let the kids watch TV and watch YouTube on the tablet for longer than they should...... *gasp* you know sometimes I just need to be able to do the housework or sit down with a hot drink! Elarna isn't much interested in the TV really but Alfie is quite happy to sit and browse YouTube or watch a film and do you know what I'm ok with that.
3. Alfie gets sweets and ice lollies. Not all the time I hasten to add but he does get given the odd treat here and there, in moderation I don't see the issue.
4. Sometimes the only food I can bare to cook is wrapped in cellophane and out of the freezer *bad mum*. They always get a huge amount of fresh fruit, salad and veg throughout the day so if a freezer meal saves the day and bellies are full who cares. I'm no cook, that is hubby's domain, I'll give him the honour of making the really yummy stuff.
5. I bribe. Yes you read that right, I bribe my 4 year old child. If I want the chance of popping out with a relatively well behaved child I will give him the promise of a magazine, most of the time it works. If I want a nice photo the promise of a sweet sometimes helps, oh the shame!
6. I do sometimes have a cull of toys. Bye bye annoying musical toy that I have despised since you were a small child. I also have been known not to replace batteries in toys that have run out. This may come back to bite me on the bum......
7. I use Daddy when behaviour is not good. 'Daddy won't be happy if I tell him you've been naughty, do you want Daddy to be cross?' - Daddy is much more authoritative than me at times and with the mention that Daddy won't be happy behaviour often changes!
8. I'm not a crafty mama, I've mentioned this before but the thought of painting, chalk or anything like this brings me out in a cold sweat. The picture below is proof to why I feel like this, things just end up where they shouldn't, i.e on his head.......and I'm still finding glitter particles a week later everywhere.
9. I don't take the kids out for a walk on every one of my days off. I know I should and I always have the best intentions but honestly trying to walk with a pushchair and keep control of a speedy 4 year old who always insists in going on his motorbike is hard bloody work! Sometimes we just stay in the house and play in the garden, they're still getting fresh air and exploring so I don't feel too bad.
10. I have no decent pictures of Elarna up in the house. I have a ton of canvases of Alfie but none of Elarna, I keep meaning to I just keep forgetting and I feel awful about it. I need to remedy this asap I know I do otherwise she's going to think we don't want to see her face on the walls.
So there you have it, 10 reasons why I am a bit sucky as a Mum. Tongue in cheek of course, I don't actually think I'm a crap parent lets face none of us are perfect at the end of the day!!
So come on,tell me why you might suck at parenting......