For one of the most simplest and tasty desserts you must try this super simple Lemon Posset from chef Tom Kerridge. This took me less than 30 minutes to prepare and once done it can be popped into the fridge to set and forgotten about until required. I decided not to serve with the fennel biscotti but opted for some amaretti biscuits instead which you can buy from all leading supermarkets.
Recipe (makes about 4-6 possets)
425ml/3/4 pint double cream
125g/41/2 oz caster sugar
2 lemons (juice only)
1. Bring the cream and the sugar to boil in the pan over a high heat.
2. Reduce the heat and gently simmer for a couple of minutes until the bubbles in the mixture become large.
3. Add the lemon juice and whisk thoroughly.
4. Sieve this mixture into a bowl and leave to cool for about 5 minutes. Skim off any air bubbles and pour the posset into the serving glasses you have chosen.
5. Once cooled completely place the serving glasses in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours.
6. Once set serve with the fennel biscotti or amaretti biscuits which taste just as nice.
So there you go! A super simple pud that will leave you wanting more it's so delicious, rich but refreshing at the same time.
For more information on the recipe or to see how to make the fennel biscotti click on the link to take you to the recipe.