I was really looking forward to receiving the April GlossyBox as I'd seen a preview of the packaging which had been designed by Pearl Lowe. She gave the whole GlossyBox a vintage floral theme and it's lovely.
My first impressions of the box were really positive, I got some fantastic products this month and a couple were full size which is great!
What a lovely selection of items!
GlossyBox contents (L-R):
1. Nip & Fab Dry Skin Fix Body Butter (£9.95 for full size 200ml, received in box 50ml) There were 3 flavours that could have been received, mango, pistachio or coconut latte, I received the pistachio and it smells delicious. It's a lovely bright green colour and it's really whipped and smooth to apply, it felt lovely on application. Very pleased to have this included in this months box!
2. Yves Rocher France 'So Elixir Purple' Perfume Sample (£44.00 for full size 50ml, received 5ml) This is a much nicer perfume sample to receive than a poxy vial. It's a miniature 5ml version of the full size bottle which is lovely. It smells nice, quite a strong scent and it's something I'd wear on an evening out.
3. ModelCo Cheek & Lip Tint in Rosy Red (£15.00 for full size received) This is one of the full size items received, it's a dual purpose tint that can be lightly dabbed onto the cheeks for a rosy glow or applied to the lips for a bee sting look. I like it, it gives quite a subtle glow and a light stain on the lips. It does however stain your finger so just be aware of that! Great item and nice to receive it as a full size item.
4. Sunsense Daily Face SPF (£18.50 for full size 75G received 10g sample size) Not sure what to make of this item, it seems to be a bit of a filler, I don't dislike it mind you as it will be useful. I don't like how on the back of the product it says 'free sample' it makes me think it would be given away over a beauty counter, Never the less I've tried it, it's lightweight and sheer to apply with a SPF 50 so very handy to have come the summer.
5. Essie Nail Lacquer (£7.99 for full size 13.5ml received in box) Eeeeeee!! I was ridiculously pleased to receive a full size Essie polish as I LOVE them!! I received the shade 'Nice is Nice' Essie is, by far, the best item in the box this month. The only annoying thing is I recently purchased the shade 'Lilacism' which is really, really similar. GlossyBox weren't to know this though so I'm still very pleased with this item. It's a perfect spring colour.
The box came with the usual leaflet which includes information about the items and an exclusive interview with Pearl Lowe which is a nice touch. I think this is the best box I've received to date, I really hope next months is as good and isn't a let down!
Did anyone get anything different this month? Opinions on this box?
Please note: GlossyBox is available to purchase for £10.00 plus p&p, you can also collect GlossyDots and redeem them for a free box. Find out more by visiting the website by clicking here: GlossyBox