My third Glossy Box arrived this weekend, it doesn't seem five minutes since the Valentine's box but this was a nice Mothers Day treat for me. The theme of this box is 'city chic' and the items included are supposed to enable easy transition from 'board room to bar stool'. I quite like the theme of this box, I'm all for quick beauty fixes on a day to day basis.
First impressions of this box were generally positive (apart from the pathetic perfume sample!). There seemed to be a nice mix of products that I would use.
Glossy Box Contents (L-R):
1. Tresemme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray (£4.69 for full size 500ml, received 100ml in Glossy Box) This didn't excite me as such as I've used Tresemme products before and wouldn't call it a luxury brand, never the less I'll use it and it will be handy to pop in my handbag. I can't really add much more as it's a hairspray and does what it says on the tin!
2. Juicy Couture 'Couture La La' perfume sample (£63 for full size 100ml, received a sample vial) This is very disappointing item to be honest. I could get one of these vials for free by going into a large department store. The scent is OK, quite zesty, I would wear it but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy it. This is the worst item I've received to date.
3. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Skin Protectant (£25.00 for 50ml, received in Glossy Box 7ml) I have read alot about this popular beauty item, there is alot of buzz about it in the beauty world so was pleased to receive it, quite a small size but I've read that it lasts for a long time. This was the fragrance free version. It's basically an intensive moisturiser that can be used on the lips, hands, cuticles, nails etc. I think the cost of a full size item is very expensive considering that I felt that the consistency is very similar to that of Lansinoh nipple cream (used when breast feeding!). On comparing the ingredients they are actually very similar but Lansinoh is a lot cheaper. It's a nice product to receive though and I'm already finding it a decent product.
4. Nails Inc Polish - St. James (£11 for full size 10ml, received 5ml in Glossy Box) Brilliant! Love Nails Inc and very happy to receive another bright red to add to my collection. Cute size received and I'll get alot of use out of it, my favourite product of this months box.
5. Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush (£12 for full size received) I love this item! I used to use Jelly Pong Pong items a few years ago but never really found them to buy other than on Ebay. I got sent a nice pink shade which looks quite bright on the swatch but is a really nice pale pink colour when worn. It contains beeswax and ceresin so its really smooth to apply and I found I could build up the layers and the colour would become a bit deeper.
The added extra included this month was a little travelling book which takes you through some of the most popular cities with advice on places to visit, where to eat and stay. There are also some stickers in the centre to use (shown in picture below) . It's a sweet added extra but I would have preferred a product personally!
Overall pleased with this months box, I guess it's hard to get it 100% right all the time, I look forward to the next box.
Anybody get anything else? Opinions on this months box?